You wouldn’t go around with a bullhorn announcing a private issue to the world, and the same thing goes on the Internet. This falls under the nebulous world of social networking etiquette.
- A VPN allows you to choose one server from a pool of servers located in all corners of the world, making it possible for you to access any content you want.
- In the vast majority of cases, these servers won’t match the ones you need to uncensor your favorite websites.
- As for Tor, it will randomly pick a couple of servers from its global network.
- With a virtual private network, you can do plenty of things that require fast connection speed.
- When deployed, such a router will track your browsing activities and log your search history so that a WiFi owner could easily check what websites you were visiting on a wireless connection.
Shop Online When Away From Home
Unless you’re planning a big party and inviting all the users you’re connected to, it will only make your other friends feel left out. Imagine a scenario where turbo vpn a jealous ex-boyfriend knows that you’re meeting a new date out that night. What’s to keep the ex from showing up and causing a scene or even potentially getting upset or violent?
So if you choose to link your profiles, it’s no longer a "personal life" and "work life" scenario. Sharing your social plans for everybody to see isn’t a good idea.
How To Identify Hidden Sources That Slow Your Network
If you’re planning a party or an outing with a group of friends, send a personal "e-vite" for their eyes only and nobody is the wiser. If you’re trying to cast a wide net by throwing out an idea for a social outing, just remember that anyone who has access to your profile sees it. On Facebook, users can send personal messages or post notes, images or videos to another user’s wall. The wall is there for all to see, while messages are between the sender and the receiver, just like an e-mail. Personal and private matters should never be shared on your wall.
In 2009, a case of an employee caught lying on Facebook hit the news. The employee asked off for a weekend shift because he was ill and then posted pictures on his Facebook profile of himself at a party that same weekend. The news got back to his employer easily enough and he was fired.